Let’s face it, choosing the flooring you’re going to be living with – or working with – for the next decade or so isn’t easy. Not only does it have to look good, for instance, but it should also prove practical for your particular purposes and fall within budget.
Luckily there are so many types of wonderful, stylish flooring around today that will do exactly this. But indeed, therein lies the problem – having to select which flooring best suits your needs.
All the vinyl flooring we sell here at Deben Carpets and Flooring are suitable for both residential (sitting room, bathroom and kitchen etc) and commercial use (cafe, hairdresser and boutique etc). Happily, they can also be used over under-floor heating.
If you’re (understandably) confused about which type of luxury vinyl flooring to get for your needs then the following handy guide to, what we consider to be, the top three around today – Karndean, Amtico and Distinctive Flooring – may help:
First up is Karndean Flooring. This is regarded as luxury vinyl flooring and produced from limestone, polyvinyl chloride and pigments. It has five layers – two of which are PVC backing. One layer is high definition photography, on top of that is an embossed layer and finally there’s the protective layer.
Karndean itself is a British company with a 40-year pedigree so you can safely assume they know what they’re doing ie they have perfected their product over the years.
Benefits of Karndean:
- Slip, scuff and soil resistant
- Durable and hard-wearing
- Easy clean
- Extensive range of styles to choose from
- Design variations available eg thicker embossing for added texture, bevelled edges
- Choice of borders – Decorative, Tramline or Keyline. These are patterns and strips allowing you to create a unique design
- Comes with a 15-year guarantee, provided its fitted by an approved individual or company
Amtico flooring is produced by mixing a resin with high-quality plasticiser and stabilisers then compressing the result under high temperatures.
Another British company with an impressive heritage (50 years), Amtico’s tiles aren’t just designed but the top ranges are also made here, in Coventry. It’s the most expensive of the three ranges we’re talking about today, but again – like the others – it’s the quality you’re paying for.
Benefits of Amtico
- Hard-wearing and durable
- Easy to maintain and keep clean
- An elegant slim flooring
- Has a 25-year guarantee
- Regularly updates its design ranges
- Plenty of patterns/styles to choose from such as stones, wood and abstracts
- Offers a bespoke design service
Distinctive Flooring is the third of our luxury vinyl tile range we discuss here, and it’s actually our favourite! The reason for this is the impressive embossing technique which picks out every knot and grain within the wood and in doing so produces an incredibly authentic look. Despite also being much less expensive than the other two, flooring from this Bradford-based company – whose tiles are manufactured in Germany – doesn’t compromise an iota on quality.
Benefits of Distinctive Flooring
- Elegant and smooth surface
- Less expensive than the other two LVT types
- Plenty of colours and up to four different collections available
- Manufacturers guarantee for up to 20 years
- Design strips available for a unique look
- Cushioned for improved acoustics
We hope the above guide to our three favourite LVT types helps. Feel free to contact us on 01473 626097 or read more about LVT flooring. We’d be happy to help!